What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or use our apps?
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
- When using our apps, you may be asked to enter an email address for the purpose of receiving a response to a support request. You may be asked to provide username and password details for web sites that the app accesses on your behalf.
- Our apps may collect location information when required.
- The IP address of your browser or device may be recorded when necessary.
When do we collect information?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form, Open a Support Ticket or enter information on our site.
- Within an app you will be asked for an email address when submitting a support request. You will be asked for login details when setting up access to third-party websites that the app accesses on your behalf.
- Location information will be collected when using in-app features that depend on knowing your location, e.g. displaying your position on a map.
- The IP address of your browser or device will be logged when accessing this website, submitting a support request or when one of our apps reports a crash.
- If crash reporting is enabled within an app, data will be collected when a crash or exception is encountered within the app, and uploaded to a secure server operated by FlightData. This data will not include passwords, but may include usernames, location data, and a history of actions taken by the user leading up to the crash. This information is used by FlightData for diagnostic purposes. Crash reporting may be disabled in the app Settings.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To enable us to respond to your customer service requests.
- To process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all personal information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All credit card transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information other than to website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
We forward information uploaded by individual users (such as aircraft log files) to various third parties when requested by the individual user.
Aircraft log files and data
All aircraft log files and data uploaded by users remain private by default (users have the option to make this data publicly accessable). We may include data from these files as part of summary reports which are available publicly, however, individual log files are never made public without an indivudal user's permission. (NOTE: FlightData reserves the right to use any uploaded log file to help develop future products and services and may disclose certain log files to third parties as part of this development process. In all cases, policies pertaining to 'Personally Identifiable Information' (PII) remain as stated above.)